Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Final Countdown....

I have briefly made mention of this little fact about me but for those who are new to my blog, here's the heads up - today I am 5 weeks off having baby number 3 - that's right, a mere 35 days till I put myself through the most excruciating pain you can ever imagine for the third time in my life. Am I crazy, you ask? Some would say maybe but when they place that gorgeous little screaming bundle of joy on your chest, the pain you have endured for the past little while all falls away...and I can't wait!

My hospital bag is 99% packed (note to self - waters, please do not break yet!) and I have the baby's room all set up. Because we chose not to find out the sex (as we had also opted not to do for both our first two children), all that's left is to send my mum on a shopping trip when the baby is born for a little outfit to wear home from hospital. It is our southern winter and it's been cold so something cute and snuggly.

My only anxiety is that my OBGYN is on leave in about 2 weeks time for 10 days and I am sure they will be the longest 10 days of my pregnancy as I stay home and cross my legs, praying and willing this baby to not make an early appearance. Fortunately it will be school holidays so I won't have to travel too far and it will be a time of lot's of movies (seriously, how many times, can one watch "Annie"?), games (SOOO over Memory, Guess Who? and My Little Pony Trouble!) and home crafts to keep my girls occupied.

I am also starting to watch closely as my two little girls play together - enjoying their little dynamic and wondering how they will be with a new baby thrown into the mix. Both are excited but it will be a big change for them and I am really mindful of making sure I spend quality one on one time with each of them. Gigi loves nothing more than hanging out with mummy, shopping and having a babychino or drawing pictures together. Lulu would rather we dance around the lounge room to Beyonce or play dress ups. It is exciting times in our household and I look forward to sharing my adventures with you in time to come : )

No comments:

Post a Comment