Monday, April 26, 2010

Lest we Forget...

My grandmother's brother died on the shores of Gallipoli after having his leg shot off - he was a young man, with his whole life ahead of him. When I hear these stories about these idiots who go around destroying war memorials it makes me sick. These gutless little turds don't know how lucky they are to be living in this great country and their lack of respect for the men and women who sacrificed their lives to allow them the freedom to roam around the streets is appalling.

I took my children, aged 3 & 5, to the local community Anzac Day service yesterday and they took a little bunch of flowers each from the garden to lay with the wreaths placed by the local council, RFS, local Girl Guides, community groups etc. Though they don't really understand now the significance of Anzac Day, I, for one will certainly ensure the Anzac tradition continues into their lives for generations to come and hope that the spirit of Anzac Day lives on forever.

Lest we Forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment